For women, hair is linked to their overall appearance, so they take care of in various ways, by going to hair salons, special shampoos, oils, etc.
However, hair loss may appear and cause a problem for the woman. This happens when a woman loses over 150 hairs in a day.
Some periods in woman’s life, such as puberty, the postpartum time period and menopause, show a more intense hair loss, so the diagnosis must be carefully done carefully by the dermatologist-dermosurgeon.
Causes of female hair loss
- Hereditary predisposition
- Hormonal disorders
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Pregnancy (Postpartum time period)
- Hair loss
- Stress (psychological, physical, postoperative)
- Thyroid gland dysfunction
- Malnutrition (deficiency of vitamins, proteins, metals, iron)
- Chronic diseases
- Medications (antidepressants, anti-inflammatory drugs, antithrombotics, etc.)
- Chemotherapy, radiation therapy
- Autoimmune diseases
- Bacterial or fungal infections (tinea capitis)
- Abuse of chemical styling products